Support for business


The Government has launched a new ‘support finder’ tool to help businesses and self-employed people across the UK to determine what financial support is available:


The government has set out a package of temporary and targeted measures to support people and businesses through this period of disruption caused by COVID-19, including:


Information and guidance for employees, employers and businesses: 

Business FAQs: 

BEIS Business Support Helpline: 0300 456 3565 

HMRC Helpline: 0800 024 1222 

Business Hampshire:  

Local Enterprise Partnership:  



East Hampshire District Council:


Some key measures for individuals:

  • Making Statutory Sick Pay available for people with coronavirus or who are self-isolating, and a doctor’s note can be obtained via NHS 111
  • Suspending the minimum income floor for Universal Credit  for twelve months – meaning self-employed people can now access, in full, at a rate that is equivalent to Statutory Sick Pay for employees
  • increasing Universal Credit and Working Tax Credit by £1,000 a year
  • Those on contributory Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) will be able to claim from day 1, instead of day 8. And everything can be done by phone or online
  • Local Housing Allowance will cover at least 30 per cent of market rents in local areas.
  • emergency legislation to protect renters, so that no one gets evicted if they cannot pay their rent
  • a three month mortgage holiday for those in difficulty due to coronavirus, including landlords whose tenants are experiencing financial difficulty due to coronavirus
  • emergency measures with the energy industry to keep gas and electricity supplied to vulnerable customers


East Hampshire District Council: 

Central government provides council tax support to those on a low income and with savings less than £16,000, and this will be additionally supplemented by up to a maximum of £150 for the coming year as a result of coronavirus. To Find out how to apply for council tax support.