There is now an opportunity to join Damian's constituency team as a Caseworker/Parliamentary Assistant, in either a full-time or part-time capacity:
Damian is seeking a member of staff to deal with a wide range of policy correspondence and constituent casework. The post holder will operate from home (in or close to the East Hampshire constituency) with some travel for meetings within Hampshire and on the Parliamentary estate in London.
Damian is very happy to consider flexible working arrangements (such as a term-time only contract). He will also consider candidates wishing to undertake the role on either a full- or part-time basis (minimum 12 hours per week).
- dealing with casework and policy correspondence from constituents;
- undertaking research;
- developing and maintaining knowledge in certain casework or policy areas.
The following characteristics/skills are essential:
- an appreciation of the importance of attention to detail, discretion and confidentiality;
- a high degree of self-organisation;
- impeccable written English;
- strong interpersonal skills, including a polite telephone manner;
- the ability to work as an individual quickly and efficiently;
- proficiency in the use of MS Outlook and Word.
This role may suit a candidate with knowledge of the Parliamentary or legal systems. Experience of handling casework or sensitive correspondence would be advantageous.
Salary: in line with IPSA payscales
Any offer of employment will be conditional upon provision of two satisfactory references and successful completion of security and verification vetting (see http://www.w4mp.org/jobs-listings-events/jobs/members-staff-security-verification-questionnaire/ for further information).
Closing date: Friday 21 September 2018
First interviews will be held in the constituency on Monday 8 October 2018.
Second interviews will be held on the Parliamentary estate on Monday 15 October 2018.
Start date: date TBC in November 2018 but sooner if the successful candidate is available earlier.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Application for the Position of Caseworker/Parliamentary Assistant’ in the subject line.