Job title: Office Manager/Senior Parliamentary Assistant (full-time)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Damian is seeking a versatile all-rounder with a strong public service ethos to lead a highly professional team supporting his parliamentary and constituency work.
- Manage a diverse range of responsibilities, including parliamentary and policy work, inbox and diary management, casework and high-quality office administration;
- Engage with constituents in a professional and confidential way, ensuring a timely response to correspondence and issues;
- Supporting local communications activity, constituency projects and relations with stakeholders.
Detailed job description:
- Lead and maintain a highly professional administrative support function for Damian’s office/team
- Manage Damian’s inbox and parliamentary diary, allocating incoming work across the team
- Undertake supervisory responsibility of London-based staff
- Manage and contribute to projects
- Handle media requests and relations
- Manage all aspects of the budget
- Undertake research on relevant subjects as directed
- Develop and maintain knowledge and sector awareness in policy areas as directed
- Prepare briefing notes, including for constituency meetings and surgery appointments
- Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries from constituents, media, and special interest groups
- Draft and send policy responses to constituents
- Progress casework related to policy areas of expertise, or as required
- Attend and participate in meetings as appropriate
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- A strong public service ethic
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- People and project management experience
- Attention to detail, discretion and confidentiality
- Impeccable written English
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft systems
- A good level of local knowledge is valuable
- Previous Parliamentary experience is helpful but not essential
Candidates should be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Any offer of employment for these roles will be conditional upon provision of two satisfactory references and successful completion of security and verification vetting (see http://www.w4mp.org/jobs-listings-events/jobs/members-staff-security-ve… for further information).
19th December 2022.
Applications will close at 23:59 on 19th December.
The aim is to have the appointed candidate in post as soon as possible.
We may make offers before the closing date for applications.
To apply, please complete the application form attached below and send that with a CV and a covering letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Application - [position applied for] - [your name]”.